Do scientist follow an specific method to investigate? -> Yes, It is called "The Scientific Method"
- What steps do you think they follow? (class opinion):
. They look for things to investigate.
. They follow different experiments for different subjects or things.
. They take notes of the results.
Let´s understand it better with the following video:
STEPS OF THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD:
1. MAKE AN OBSERVATION
2. ASK A QUESTION
3. FORM AN HYPOTHESIS AND MAKE A PREDICTION
4. DO A TEST OR EXPERIMENTATION
5. ANALYZE DATA
6. DRAW A CONCLUSION
We are going to make a presentation in which we will show our investigation following the Scientific Method.
Considerations to make the Project:
- Everybody has to participate in the project (to make it and to present it).
- Team organitation: they way you organize with your mates is important.
- Presentation of the project and how the team presents it.
- Self evaluation and class group evaluation.
1. Do not copy and paste the information from Internet: try to use your own words and expresions.
2. Look for information in English: it is very good for you to practice this way, so you get use to find english answers and it is also easier to elaborate your own sentences.
3. Use English dictionaries: you can use www.wordreference.com or www.thefreedictionary.com.
MORE SCIENCESomething that has cathed humans attention very much is the Aurora Borealis phenomenon. Now we know they have a lot to do with the Earth magnetic field.
Did you hear about the magnetic field before? Take a look at this video to learn more about it.